Friday, January 3, 2014

August 2013

I haven't been on my blog for months so I am going to try and play catch up.  Here is the month of August at-a-glance.
 
Nate and I celebrated our 12 year Anniversary (August 17) by spending the weekend up in Park City (it is becoming a tradition).  Sadly the weather was not as nice as it had been in the past so it rained most of the time.  We ended our weekend by taking a hike to Emerald Lake (10 miles round trip) on Sunday.  From the bottom of the trail to the top of the trail was a gain of 3500 feet in elevation. It basically took us all day.  Started around 11:30am and ended around 6:30pm.  The hike was a good climb and consisted of tons of switch backs up of the mountainside.   Even with all of the working out I had been doing, this hike made me feel really out of shape and my asthma was really acting up so I was the one that made it take so long, but refused to quit so I was proud of myself.
 
 
About 1/4 way up the trail

 
Nate cooling off in the lake

 
I signed Jace up for Itty Bitty Soccer.  It was not a great success because he was too clingy.  He refused to participate in anything unless Callie was right next to him (basically holding his hand the whole time) and I had to be right by at all times.

 
The kids had a Sno-Cone stand one day and made $10 which was a pretty good accomplishment since we were only selling them for 25 cents each.

 
We celebrated my 31st birthday.  The kids put all of the candles in the cake and were pretty proud of that accomplishment.

 
Good thing we have vaulted ceilings so the smoke alarm did not go off.

 
I held a back to school pizza party/movie night for Callie and Jace and their friends.


 
Callie started Kindergarten.  I can't believe how fast the time has flown by.  She is growing up way too fast.

 
And she is absolutely Beautiful!

 
Jace was so glad to see her when she got off the bus that he ran and gave her a huge hug.  It was so cute.

 
Callie with her friends after getting off the bus.

 
Jace started pre-school.  We are doing a neighborhood traveling pre-school and he is the only boy with six little girls.  He doesn't realize how lucky he is.

 
Callie played in her first soccer game.

 
Callie with some of her friends that were on her team. 


0 comments: