We got home from vacation on Monday, May 25 at about 8:00pm. I was really looking forward to a good night sleep and getting my happy little girl back. She was a monster the whole week we were on vacation. Her stranger anxiety kicked in major and she would not let anyone else hold her or play with her. She even started crying sometimes when anyone in Nate's family just talked to her. It was a little ridiculous. Well luckily on Tuesday she was back to her happy little self until Tuesday night. That night she broke out in a fever. So much for me getting any sleep.
Callie ran a pretty high fever for about 3 days. On Thursday I was afraid that it may be another kidney infection so I took her to the doctor. Poor little girl had to get a catheter put in so they could get a urine sample, but it ended up not being an infection. They said it could be Roseola, but the diagnoses can not be made until the child breaks the fever and then breaks out in the rash. Well sure enough on Saturday Callie broke out in the rash. It was a rough week. I am barely beginning to recover. Callie got a pretty mild rash compared with some pictures I saw online, but she was still miserable. I am not even sure how she got it since she had just sent the whole week with adults and they say Roseola is only passed between children. Oh well, she is better now.
1 comments:
Poor girls (both Callie and you!). When your kid is sick it's hard one you too. Hopefully Callie won't continue this trend of odd illnesses.
Post a Comment