Friday, February 17, 2012

February so far

We have had a fun filled February so far. The first weekend in February we got a surprise visit from my sister Jen from Seattle. We had all of the family over at my house for the Superbowl which was on my Dad's birthday so we had a party to celebrate February and December birthdays.

On Tuesday evening before Jen caught her flight home we went out to eat at Chuck-a-rama with those who were able to make it. I then requested getting a picture with Jen and my kids. This is the best one I could get. Jen and Callie look really cute. Jace looks frightened, but he was really just mad we were trying to make him hold still for a picture.



The following Day on February 8, we celebrated Nate's birthday. He had to leave early to work and had a really busy day so we settled for dinner and a little party at home. Callie really wanted to throw him a party and requested that Nate wear this party hat. It has become sort of a tradition that I cook Nate crab and shrimp every year for his birthday so that is what we had.


I love this picture. Callie and Jace love to help me cook and this picture is when Jace was getting really impatient for something to come out of the oven so he went to the drawer, put the oven mitt on and was going to try and get it out himself.


On Valentine's day Nate surprised Callie and me with these flowers.


The kids and I made Nate a Valentine's breakfast.



Later in the morning I held a little Valentine's party for Callie and her friends. Below is the group after they had decorated their bags and passed out their valentines to one another.


Then each child was able to decorate their own cookies. Look at their creations. Sugar, Sugar, Sugar!!





1 comments:

Barbara said...

You were a busy lady in February! The Valentine's party looks like it was a success as well as lots of work with that big of a group. I am so glad you have made such good friends there and enjoy doing these special activities.
Very creative Valentine's breakfast. I love the picture of Nate and the kids on his birthday-especially him in the hat! The things we do when we have kids.
So glad you were able to see Jen before all the news (or did she already know when she made the trip?) Our heart aches for her and you and your family. I know this scares you and worries you. Our hearts and prayers are with her and you and all involved. We love you and your family and pray that all will go well. "He" never promised us it would be smooth sailing here...but He did promise us that He would be with us through the storms to help us make it through. He has been there for us and I know He will be there for Jen and you and all.