Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas

After getting home from my parent's house we put the kids to bed and got to work. And work we did. Nate and I did not get to sleep until 2:00am. Luckily we had wrapped all of the presents the night before or it would have been an all-nighter.


Jace decided to wake up at 4:45am. I got him out of his crib so he wouldn't wake Callie and then he cried until 7:00am when we finally just let him go and see his presents from Santa. I am not sure what his deal was. We tried giving him a bottle, rocking him, singing to him etc. and he would not calm down. Even after we let him see his new toys he just kept crying. Nate and I were exhausted.


This is what Santa left for Nate and me. Santa Claus and helpers spent a lot of time at our house. They had to clean off, take down and remove our old entertainment center and TV, then assemble the new console and re-hook up all of the electronics to the new TV.


Here are Jace's presents from Santa.


This is what Santa left for Callie.

Our tree.


Jace on his new trike.


Callie opening presents wearing one of my new hats.


The mess that was our front room. This is what sent me into organize mode the following day.


Callie in her new dress from Grandma and Grandpa Harris.


Christmas was fun, but very tiring. After we opened presents in the morning, Nate and Callie took off to church while I stayed home with Jace who was sleeping. Then we were able to do video conferencing with Nate's family and open more presents. Our kids took a nap in the afternoon and then we went back down to my parents house to visit and open more presents. It was a busy day and I was so excited when bed time rolled around.



0 comments: