Friday, July 29, 2011

Jace's Birthday

Jace turned one on Thursday, July 14, but we waited to celebrate his Birthday until Sunday, July 17. For dinner everyone was able to make their own bagel pizzas.




Then it was on to present time!



Jace really loves balls, but hasn't settled on a sport yet so I made an "all-sports" cake although Nate did say that I forgot his two favorite which are golf and tennis. Maybe next year I can include those. It was a pretty sad cake, but I did not have time to spend on it. I was pretty rushed, therefore it is a bit sloppy. Oh well, Jace still enjoyed it.




He really loved digging in to the cake. At first he was trying to pull the balls off the cake, and then he just wanted to feed everyone else. Eventually we got him to taste it and then he had some.









He was so messy that it was straight to the bath. There was cake and frosting everywhere and after he got out there was a blue ring around the tub.


2 comments:

Lucy said...

He is so cute! I can't believe it's been a year! And I think the cake looks great! Good job!

Meg said...

Wow, he did great with his cake! So cute! Sorry we missed seeing you guys last week!