Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Eggs

Last Saturday we went down to my parents house to color Easter eggs. My family is very big into coloring eggs. Here are some pictures from that night.
There was dye in any color you could want.

Here are some of the eggs.

Callie's Aunt Hannah wanted her to have her hair spiked so we did it up for the occasion. Here is Callie with Pat's Fiance Kristin.

Callie's obsession with dogs continued. Callie spent the night following Cissy around the house and Cissy spent the night trying to hide from Callie. Little kids make her a little nervous.

Here are Callie's eggs that Nate and I colored for her. Can you guess what egg Nate did?

So to show how into coloring Easter eggs my family is, I decided to display some of their Pysanky eggs. They look much cooler than the ones we did for Callie, but I was being lazy. Plus, the dye that is used for these eggs is not edible so you can't eat the eggs.


2 comments:

Daren said...

Those eggs are awesome! I've never heard of the company. How is it done?

Char said...

Pysanky eggs is the term for Ukranian Easter Eggs. I think there is a special kit you can buy. Bascially you start with the lightest colors and move to the darkest. Each step of the way you are adding wax to you egg to conserve the colors underneath the wax. When all is said and done you melt all of the wax off and you are left with a colorful artisitic egg.